Editing Samples with Ardour (video)

I have a YouTube channel where I provide tutorials on making sample libraries using free software tools. Recently I made a video demonstrating my process for cutting samples using Ardour.

5 Likes

This is so powerful! Never imagined so cool power LUA: To detect the pitch and use it as rule for further manipulations - get crazy!)) If Ardour is positioned as an audio editor firstly - this tutorial could be so nice to see at the official channel, besides unfa’s videos (who uses 90% midi-in-box workflow :no_mouth:).
As a video - a pleasant general style.) In my personal associations this reminds the GMaq’s video about AVLDrums, which I find a very nice and reflecting some ardour’s style ambiance:

1 Like

Watching the auto-slicing walk through the region at ~ 27:13 looks fancy :slight_smile:

Thanks for those Lua scripts. The combination of timeline editing and DSP is very impressive. It is amazing that you managed to pull this off.

Watching this got me a few ideas as well: e.g. renaming multiple regions should be built in, except it probably won’t help you. “Rename Regions For Sample Library” does a lot more…

2 Likes

The combination of timeline editing and DSP is very impressive.

Couldn’t have done it without the docs, example scripts, and some of yours and Paul’s help on IRC.