Ardour 6.0 is released

Getting an error with Eq10q plugins: “failed to instantiate LV2 GUI”

I still have 5.12 installed, maybe it has something to do with it? other plugins seem to work fine.

It’s nothing to do with having 5.12 installed. What platform are you using (OS? if Linux, what distro and version?)

first impression: Does work extremely well here!! Congratulations for this outstanding work!

1 Like

I’ve been trying the new version and is really great!!! Also I feel like the user interface looks nicer than before! Thank you very much, as a music school teacher i really appreciate the improvements made to this tool, since it is open source and it allows me to do a lot of stuff with my students, even more now with the lockdown that I need digital tools to teach from the distance. The MIDI improvements make this easily usable for the kids to create their own music even if they don’t own a real instrument :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Amazing work! Will become a subscriber as soon as my financial situation allows me to.

2 Likes

I just downloaded the TAR file for LINUX about 5 minutes ago, got the same missing revision.cc error. Thoughts please?

1 Like

Perhaps your download folder still has the old one, and the newly download one is Ardour-6.0.0.tar.bz2.1?

Debian 10. I’ve had some minor plugin problems before, like not showing up in categories list, but can’t recall a no gui error.

Edit: Gonna try the install from site solution given on the other post and report back.

here too KDE Neon
This tarball was not created correctly - it is missing libs/ardour/revision.cc

1 Like
curl -s https://community.ardour.org/src/Ardour-6.0.0.tar.bz2 | tar tj | grep revision.cc

lists Ardour-6.0.0/libs/ardour/revision.cc QED

cristian@cristian:~/Ardour-6.0.0$ curl -s https://community.ardour.org/src/Ardour-6.0.0.tar.bz2 | tar tj | grep revision.cc

Ardour-6.0.0/libs/ardour/revision.cc
cristian@cristian:~/Ardour-6.0.0$ ./waf configure
This tarball was not created correctly - it is missing libs/ardour/revision.cc

Try this:

cd /tmp
rm -rf Ardour-6.0.0
curl -s https://community.ardour.org/src/Ardour-6.0.0.tar.bz2 | tar xj
cd Ardour-6.0.0
./waf configure
1 Like

In the indicated way, the process begins,
I find it strange behavior,
I’ve never had that problem

you probably also want

./waf configure --optimize --ptformat --cxx11

and perhaps --prefix=/usr --configdir=/etc if you plan to install it.

I hazard a guess that your previous ~/Ardour-6.0.0 was still untar’ed from the older download for some reason.

1 Like

If I understand, I had not wanted to publish the compilation variables because I understand there is no support or help to create from the code =)

Reinstalled the plugin from here:
http://eq10q.sourceforge.net/?page_id=16

Now working fine.

1 Like

Yeah…6.0!!!

A couple of questions if I may please.

1. V5.12 is still installed in the official places of my machine.
    A. Does the install script of 6.0 handle all the uninstallation of 5.12?
    B. Will 5.12 sessions work in 6.0? (They did not for the nightlies)
  2. Is your Warning section (removing existing preferences) regarding official install, or nightly runs that go into /opt/ folder?
    2B. If we still want to be part of the bug squashing crew and run nightlies, does this warning pertain to us?

Thank you,
Steve

1. If you installed Ardour from your Linux distribution’s software management system, the installation from ardour.org will leave that unaffected. You may have both a distro version and an official version installed at the same time.
    A. If you previously installed from ardour.org, then installing 6.0 from ardour.org will ask
    you about uninstalling the older version(s) from ardour.org. It is not required to uninstall
    them.
    B. We have worked hard to try to ensure that 6.0 will load all Ardour sessions back to v2.0.
    There may be small sonic differences because of differences in DSP (e.g. pan laws)).

2. The “Warning” above applies to anyone who ran a version of 6.0 before the release, no matter where it came from or who built it or why they installed. Depending on the age of your ardour6 config/preferences folder, there may be things in there which interfere with the correct function of the released version.

B. Yes.

2 Likes

Sorry - I meant to say I downloaded it for the first time. I also just deleted it, downloaded it again and got the same error. Will try your instructions further down the page and report back. Thanks

Hi Paul and everyone,

I’m new here, but using Ardour since over 2 years. Now I want to donate something, and I have an additional question: can I buy something like a voucher for someone? I mean go on the download link without actually downloading, but sending it to someone else?

Thanks so much for all of your great work,
cheers,
Wolfgang

Congratulations!
And right away, a feature request for 6.0.1 :slight_smile: - a save/load option for custom themes would be great!

1 Like