Add (insert) extra bars - Move *everything*

Hi there,

Is there a way to add extra measures at the beginning of an Ardour session?

E.g. To add 16 bars before the current session state. In such a way that would effectively move everything like tracks, meters, tempo changes, etc 16 bars ahead.

I did read :
https://discourse.ardour.org/t/insert-16-bars-in-all-tracks-of-a-project/89219
https://manual.ardour.org/editing/editing-regions-and-selections/insertremove-time/

Thanks for any hints :slight_smile:

Iā€™d say that the second link explains itā€¦ What are you missing?

Thanks for your answer @sciurius.

It seems to not make the meters move. (7/8, 4/4, etc) Say a song for example has many time signature changes, they too have to move 16 bars ahead.

Iā€™ve had the same problem quite a few times. (Composing on the spot, with weird time signaturesā€¦) Iā€™d be interest in a solution or in knowing if it is something addressed for the new release. If not, we probably should report as bug or request the feature in Mantis.

So I understand that it is not [Update: It is !] currently possible to move all the meters at once.

If you shift-drag a tempo or meter marker, all those to the right of will move as well. You cannot move the initial tempo or meter marker in 5.x. This doesnā€™t ā€œfixā€ the fact that they donā€™t shift with an ā€œInsert Timeā€ operation, but it does make it fairly easy to move them all at once.

1 Like

Itā€™s entirely possible that there is a bug in ā€˜Insert timeā€™: also, the ā€˜Insert Timeā€™ feature does have several rough edges that can catch people out very easily. However it is supposed to be able to move tempo & meter markers. Did you try with ā€˜Move Markersā€™ and ā€˜Move tempo and meter changesā€™ ticked? It works for me here in 5.12 (with a simple test session with a couple of meter changes).

Shift-drag the meter markers ! Thank you so much ! :slight_smile: I sort of feel ashamed not to have tried it. For my defense I did brute force {,ctrl,alt,shift}+{left,middle,right}click to no avail.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.