TAL Drum presets

Does anyone know about this. Reaper’s side plugin works normally. Ardour/Mixbus doesn’t.
https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=24887

The thread on Linux musicians talks about downloading presets - this might be similar to an issue I ran into when adding clickable links to my plug-ins demo screens. Because ardour uses its own versions of some libraries - contained in its application bundle, it necessarily has to change some environment variables when it runs. This potentially causes issues if you fork a new process such as a web browser (via xdg or whatever).
I had to add some ardour-specific environmental protection workarounds in my plug-ins to preserve ardour’s environment and then restore it again afterwards. If the TAL plug-ins haven’t done that, it might be an issue. Not necessarily ardour’s fault, but equally, as a plug-in developer its not something you would foresee from a host either.

Does Ardour/Mixbus work somehow differently from other Linux DAWs? Or are the design principles somehow different, compared to e.g. Reaper, regarding plugin “handshakes”. I mean, are the standards interpreted differently. And who interprets them correctly, if so. I hope I don’t cause offense with my inquiries

Does Ardour/Mixbus work somehow differently from other Linux DAWs? Or are the design principles somehow different, compared to e.g. Reaper, regarding plugin “handshakes”. I mean, are the standards interpreted differently. And who interprets them correctly, if so. I hope I don’t cause offense with my inquiries

I was referring specifically to something I had to do when you open the (default) web browser from within a plug-in loaded into Ardour (essentially I took some guidance from what Ardour itself appears to do when you open a browser from within Ardour - IIRC it was an issue related to ardour’s use of a modified LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I imagine because Ardour wants to prefer loading of dependent libraries from within its own application ‘bundle’ vs system libs).
In terms of plug-in interoperability, plug-in developers always have to work around ‘differences in interpretation’ of the plug-in API(s), between different host applications and similarly host applications encounter some issues with certain plug-ins. In that respect Ardour is no different. Often the subtleties are not related to the API specifically, as from a plugin standpoint, you are running your code in a (host) environment which you cannot predict or control, often with many other plug-ins from other developers - and from a host standpoint, it is loading (a collection of) some foreign code of indeterminate quality and / or origin.

I also tested with Windows and there everything works as it should. But on the Linux side there are similar problems with, for example, Surge Synth. Downloading skins and other similar actions cannot be done from the plugin. On the other hand, e.g. Melda Productions Windows plugins via Yabridge work as they should. I can download things directly through plugins. E.g. Drum packs. But Windows plugins on the Linux side are always inconvenient options. I would prefer to use Linux plugins