Plugins do not always close with Ctrl+W hotkey

Linux Debian based distro
GTK based Desktop Environment
Ardour 8.6

I know that bugs are not being worked on at the moment, but maybe someone can make note of this one.
Not sure if this is just something with my system but I notice that with certain sessions it seems that using the hotkey Ctrl+W to close does not appear to work all the time with plugin windows. At first the times I noticed this seemed to be with Generic GUI plugin windows but in testing this happens with plugins with GUIs as well.
Certain times when I open Ardour this works and other times it does not, have not been able to narrow down steps to reproduce this.

Wondering if anyone else experiences this and maybe have any steps to reproduce it?
If not, is there anyone willing to confirm this?
There were issues with this hotkey I mentioned in past but they were fixed.

Thank You

Not the same issue, but similar to a hotkey sometimes working and sometimes not.
(Import window hotkey)

I also find Ctrl i doesnt always work, even from the edit window.
Not a big deal though.

key bindings can be context-specific which includes edit-mode specific. If you are in internal edit mode, Primary-i (Primary => ctrl on linux/windows, cmd on macOS) has a different binding than in most other modes. Specifically, it used to invert the current note selection.

The ctrl-w poblem is something else, and could be caused a plugin GUI improperly creating a keyboard grab so that ardour does not see the keystroke first.

With a debug build, you can run with -D keyboard to see what key events ardour sees.

Here ctrl+w only works when the focus is on any Ardour provided widget.

It does not close the window when the mouse is over some 3rd party plugin GUI, unless keyboad focus is for the given plugin is enabled (toggle top right in the plugin UI).

Perhaps caused here by “focus follows mouse”.

I have found that Ctrl i for import works when the edit window is in grab mode. This also applies to moving tracks up and down with Ctrl up/down arrow.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.