I decided to rework my first full production (from 5 years ago), since I was hoping that I could do a better job with these years of practice. So I guess this is the new “Old New”.
I reprogrammed the instruments, used new plugins, re-recorded the guitar parts (except for the solo, as I did not think I could improve on the old one), and remixed.
It was all done with Ardour (and version 7.x fixed the MIDI problems I had before!), with mostly LSP, x42, Overtone DSP, and u-he plugins. The drums was DrumGizmo’s CrocellKit, bass was MODO Bass 2, synths were yoshimi, u-he’s Repro, and Vitalium, the organ was IK Multumedia’s Hammond B3-X. The guitars were re-recorded with tamgamp using the JCM800 model, and the tube screamer model from Guitarix.
I had a really hard time with the mix (as usual!), but hopefully it turned out OK.
For more details, check my post at Luís Finotti's Current Recordings.
Let me know if you have any comments and/or suggestions to improve it, and thanks for checking it out!