Hi, I need your help please, I installed ardour 6.5 on ubuntu studio and I’m not getting any sound out or in, I tried to record but nothing gets recorded and I imported files and when I played them I didn’t get any sound, I used ardour 5 before and is used to be fine.
OK let’s follow the signal-path:
- Make sure that the “Feedback” indicator (main toolbar top middle) is not blinking (*).
- In the Mixer window, does the master-bus meter show a signal?
- Check the master-bus output connection (**)
- What soundcard do you use for playback? What settings do you use in Menu > Window > Audio/MIDI setup?
- Ensure that Ardour uses the correct soundcard. Run the following command in a terminal window. It will not modify your system; it lists all soundcards, their current settings and applications using them:
cd /tmp && wget https://community.ardour.org/files/adevices.sh && bash ./adevices.sh
(copy and paste all the output, and we can have a look).
5. Make sure that the soundcard is connected to some working amp/speakers or headphones.
(*) When there are port-connections that would result in a feedback loop, Ardour remains silent. Menu > Window > Log may provide some clues.
Thank you, I’m finally getting audio out but my microphone wont record nothing yet, I’m using a snow ball mic.
Snowball mic appears to be a separate USB-connected microphone.
- You shouldn’t do this. Digital audio should be done with a single sample clock for all conversions between analog and digital. Your mic cannot share a sample clock with your audio interface.
- It is very unfortunate that so many manufacturers make these microphones and market them in the way they do. They rely on software to fix the fundamental problem with their use.
- If you insist, you can use it but you need to make sure you select it as the input device.
But please, get a proper microphone that connects to your audio interface.
It worked fine on ardour 5, I don’t know why is not working properly on the 6.5.
This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.