I've recommended to quite a few Ardour users that they consider using AATranslator for handling import/export to other session file formats. It is a proprietary Windows application, but it runs well inside Wine and has dedicated and skilled developers who are focused on improving it. It would be lovely if there was an open source tool that did what AATranslator can do, but there isn't, and so I'm happy to run the following "public service annoucement" from the AATranslator team:
Its that time again – another AATranslator release
While I continually forget to make a note of all the changes we make (as if it’s not hard enough just making the changes) the highlights (that I do recall) are:
- Added Audition CS5.5 support (sesx). Also check out our donationware Audition/CEP conversion tool Ses2Sesx
- Significant Audition/CEP conversion improvements and enhancements
- Improved and increased PT conversion capability
- Improved PT Track Automation conversion
- Added an 'Ignore Video' option
- Improved Ardour conversions (particularly session file locations)
- Improved AVID EDL import support - includes track volume automation where present
- Improved OMF export - now have an option to convert 32bit wav files to 24bit as 32bit OMFs are not part of the OMF standard
- Numerous small bug fixes or improvements in conversions of most formats
As usual with every upgrade we try not to break anything else and that is certainly getting harder to do the more complex this application becomes.
Our version upgrade releases continue to be free of charge but we do have a donation button on the main web page should you be feeling particularly generous. http://www.aatranslator.com.au
As always feel free to pass on any comments or suggestions (providing they don’t involve too much work for us).
Registered users should all have been notified as to the location of the latest release