Loop Record with Punch-in-out

I’m looking for the following feature: I want to make a recording on my own, but I don’t want to constantly run back and forth between the director and the recording room. That’s why I want to define a loop area in Ardor that’s slightly larger than the punch-in area. Of course, with a new loop run, the recording in a new layer should appear in the corresponding track. Is that possible? Or are there other ways to control Ardor remotely via your mobile phone, for example?

Loop Recording and Punch-In/Out recording are exclusive, pick one.

One option is to just do loop recording and later splice it (in layered display mode, range select > split).

1 Like

TouchOSC or TouchDAW comes to mind.

Seablade

There’s also a not very well document web interface that you can use from any browser.

Edit > Preferences > Control Surfaces > WebSockets Server (experimental)

2 Likes
1 Like

Great new solutions that I did not know about. Thanks for sharing, will try them out eventually.

For a much simpler approach I tried with a Web browser (Firefox) on a Android phone some time ago.
I do not know if this still works. But is relatively simple.

Details are in the last posting of the following thread:

Would like to add that personally I prefer loop recording, making the loop range bigger than the stuff I want to record so I have some setup time per run.
Then I just record as many times as I want, select the best track and scrap the rest.
Works fine for me.

1 Like

After you enable the Websockets Server in the preferences, look in the Log window (Window->Log), there it will say

ArdourWebsockets: listening on: http://myhost:3818/

Open that URL in a browser on any computer (smartphone, tablet, …) in the same network (myhost will be the name of the host Ardour runs on instead).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.