Looking for any Pipewire / pipewire-jack troubleshooting guide

Hi All.

Since Linux Distributions have migrated from Jack to Pipewire, I’m not able to get a recording session free from XRUNS anymore.

I’m using the same Laptop (HP AMD Ryzen 7) and the same external USB interface (Behringer UMC202HD) to perform recordings in Ardour, and all was good until native Jack was installed in Linux distros. But since Pipewire has been used by any (ALL) of the distros I used before, I’m not able to get acceptable recording quality in terms of XRUN glitches.

I’ve tried Ubuntu Studio, Linux Mint, Debian, and now trying AV Linux MX 25 (that seems to behave a little better) with realtime kernels, performing any kind of optimization specified in the rtcqs script, tried to disable Wi-Fi, etc. but I can’t get any acceptable result anymore, even if specifying 256 / 512 frames al 48Khz sampling rate …
I’m aware that this is NOT an Ardour problem, but I’m trying here, in this forum, because probably other people got into similar troubles.
Can anyone please give me some advice for any tutorial or documentation specific to Pipewire / Pipewire-Jack that can help me to identify and solve the problems?

Thanks in advance
MarcoC

You might know that thread already. Also i can’t say if it is good or will help, i only know it does exist. (a quick search for “xruns” in the first post of that thread doesn’t seem to have many tips, but i only glanced).
Good luck.

https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=27121