Link Gain Increase to Gain Decrease on associated track or bus

For example, 2 tracks with different effects; increase the gain of one track 10 db and lower the gain of an associated track by 10 db using a single gesture, or a single automation track.
Can this be done?

Not possible at this time no. Might be possible via lua scripting, but that isnā€™t what most people are looking for obviously.

Seablade

i see one potential solution - ability to invert gain when assigning track to VCA faders.

example: link first track to vca in normal mode, and link second track to same vca in ā€˜inverseā€™ mode, but that raises a lot ā€˜what if you do Xā€™

I like this idea, it occurred to me also. But I found a possible solution that seems to workā€¦using the Panner control.

1 Like

A cross-fade plugin should be able to the trick.

You could either create a 2 * N channel bus, and connect the outputs of both source tracks to that. Then load ā€œACE Cross Fadeā€.

Or just load ā€œACE Cross Fadeā€ to one of the tracks and use pin-connections and sidechain the other track.

Note that ACE Cross-fade use interleaved mapping:
In A(left), In B(left), In A(right), In B(right) ā†’ Out A, Out B

Using the multi-channel VBAP panner could work, though thereā€™s the drawback that the panner canā€™t be automated in this mode.

Another approach could be to use a crossfade plugin: see Crossfade between buses? & Link gain levels of 2 tracks as "opposites" - #15 by x42

[ Edit ] ah, I see Robin has beaten me to it :slight_smile:

Thanks Colin and Robin. Iā€™ll use the Cross Fade plugin. My morning experiments with the Panner control solution didnā€™t, er, pan out.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.