Solved (Scroll down for Details).
- Thanks for confirming that CD-TEXT works well since 0.9
the spec calls for a 2 second space at the head. on the ardour timeline, locate beginning for first song to 00:00:02:00, then you’ll PROBABLY need to modify the cd.toc file so the first song start point is 00:00:00:00. otherwise it’ll error.
Probably? Or definitely? Spock, you astound me - did you really “Guess”?
The CDs played right until now, without modifying that, but i only tested on my CD-Burner, not on an Audio-CD-Standalone-Player. So - do i need to modify the cd.toc-File now, or should i not?
On drawing JAMin-Curves on the Master-Track and JAMin-Regions i might ask you later, this time i’ll bypass that step - aka i “mastered” all the Songs with your “Recommended-for-Beginners”-Technique of Boost+3, Hardlimiter+5, Limit-0.5 and don’t touch all those other Buttons (By the way, did you mean to “Bypass” the Multiband-Compressors or to simply leave them in their Basic-Setting?, i did the latter). And i tried to mix clean before getting to that stage, so that there shouldn’t be too much to EQ anymore anyway (but that’s a completely different story, my source Material were ready mixed Beats, which, ahem, where mixed badly), so this whole thing is a Trial-and-(T)error-Mission anyway. To make a short story long: until now i like my songs/regions on different Tracks for the overview, but i might change that opinion during the process So the Regions are all already mastered and i simply gonna adjust the Volume here or there a little bit, at least that’s the plan.
Hooray-Ka! I found the solution - over here:
Ardour worked right all the Time, and even my “Range-Drawing” was cool (because it enables me to fill in the Performer-Field for each Song, which is “necessary” in my case).
The only problem was the burning-process, that’s where the CD-TEXT got lost.
So i fixed the cdrdao-commando like this:
cdrdao write --device 2,0,0 --driver generic-mmc-raw -v 2 cd-test-002.wav.toc
How to know which device you got:
How to verify the CD-TEXT is present on the burned CD:
sudo icedax -D “2,0,0” -v titles
sudo cdda2wav -D “2,0,0” -v titles
Both write a file “audio.inf”, have a look at it:
If the fields of Albumtitle and Tracktitle are filled in you should be happy by now, like me.
Okay - that’s it for now. Thank you all, you saved the state a lot of money by keeping me home and hacking and preventing me from slipping in total madness screaming loud “Neither 23, nor 42 is the answer - the answer is Ardour! A new kingdom is coming - but beware of the evil cdrdao!” while getting delivered into mental hospital.
Or something like that.
Thanks for the Trix and back to the Mix,