I’m having problems synchronizing my Arturia MicroFreak hardware synthesizer (firmware v126.96.36.1999) with my DAW (Ardour 6.7.0 in Linux, using Jack). Read the manual and searched here before posting. Maybe I still don’t know what to search!
- The synth synchronizes to the BPM.
- Display shows “Ext USB” and the lastest manually adjusted BPM setting. This last value seems not to matter, as BPM effectively changes when I change it Ardour.
The arpeggiator is not synchronizing?
- It seems that it does not restart when I press play / the playroll starts moving. The arpeggiator is free running and then I should try stopping and replaying, many times until I luckily hit the beat.
- It’s not a problem of drift. I tried playing for two minutes and I can hear the same spacing between a kick drum and a synth note.
- Sync Source set to USB
- Connected to PC via USB
- 1 MIDI Track connected to synth.
- MIDI Beatclock Generator (Mclk / MIDI Clock) enabled.
- Without this, the arpeggiator won’t start when there’s a note sent from the DAW. It works ok without arpeggiator. So something good is happening.
- I tried enabling and connecting MIDI Time Code (MTC) and MIDI Machine Control (MMC), but they don’t change nothing.
- MicroFreak’s MIDI input connected to MIDI Clock out and MIDI Control out.
- MicroFreak’s MIDI input connected to relevant MIDI output track of Ardour.
This problem is always reproducible for me. Maybe there’s a kind of MIDI message that Ardour is not sending when the playroll starts moving? Does the MicroFreak expect such a message? Could not find specifics of MIDI communication in the MicroFreak manual.
I’m posting this in both Arturia’s and Ardour’s forum, as maybe there are things relevant to both. Thanks for Ardour!
Crossposted at Arturia Forums
Edit: updated title with new findings