Development update: 6.0-pre1 now ready for testing

The most common reason, which happens a lot despite the warnings on all the relevant pages, is that you were not logged into ardour.org when yhou made the payment. The payment needs to be coupled to your ardour.org account. Forward me the email you got from PayPal via help@ardour.org and I can manually check things out (and fix them).

@x42 I’m not entirely sure about the nightly build part. I paid $47 earlier today and the system refused to let me download it.

I was a subscriber earlier, but have had a very troublesome financial situation the last two years. That’s why I now did this single payment. But I will subscribe again as soon as my finances are more even again.

That may be the issue. Paypal doesn’t sent notifications when subscriptions expire, and your status may not be updated correctly. You can check: http://community.ardour.org/user/
@paul will have to flush out the list. Best contact help@ardour.org.

1 Like

Thank you very much Robin :slight_smile:

Hi.

I installed Ardour-6.0.pre1 and now want to install the final release. How do I uninstall Ardour-6.0.pre1? It’s not listed in the “software” app (Ubuntu Studio 18.04).

That depends on how you installed it. If you got pre1 from ardour.org, then it will be in /opt and there will be an uninstall script in the folder. If you get 6.0 from ardour.org it will offer to uninstall pre1 for you. If you get 6.0 from the distro repository, you will have to remove pre1 manually.

1 Like

Brilliant, I’ll just install 6.0. I didn’t expect it to offer to do it for me. Thanks.

When updating from pre1 to the release I would recommend you remove your preferences completely, see the bottom of the release announcement:

1 Like