Ardour 7.3 released

Thanks for a good job :pray:

Thanks a lot. Midi editing is a little better again, also due to this new feature:
Midi drawing toolbar

4 Likes

It would be great if reatune would work too :slight_smile:

regarding my small request in

I can only say: thank you for nothing.
Maybe someone is able to explain to me: who benefits from this loss of a small but very valuable functionality? For sure I’m to stupid to get it.

This is huge! Really happy for this feature, all I really miss is a paint-like eraser i.e. hold right or middle click and drag wherever and delete every note you touch

Thank you very much! Looking forward to the Ubuntu Studio Ardour backport updating it.

I’m still hoping and waiting for an ardour version 7 I can use. Unfortunately the bugs that corrupt sessions with variable tempo and MIDI tracks (most of what I’m working on at the moment) have still not been fixed (cf. 0009163: Converting session with tempo changes puts some MIDI regions in wrong position - MantisBT and 0009162: Bars and beats and MIDI tracks ignore tempo changes - MantisBT). Shouldn’t they have a bit higher priority considering the improvement of time handling was the big New Thing in version 7.0?

2 Likes

Happy with 7.3., very much so.

From the 7.0 blurb:
“preloaded with 8000+ MIDI chords, 5000+ MIDI chord progressions and 4800+ MIDI drum grooves, ready to use (and obviously royalty free and redistributable)”

My version isn’t. Can the midi packs be separately d/l’ed? Thanks…

Alas no. We could make that possible in the future, but really the MIDI pack is intended to a part of Ardour as distributed. I would ask your distribution’s packager.

1 Like

I must say, the possibility to play a session with a different samping rate is a great feature, which eases up my workflow from time to time :ok_hand: