Ardour 6.0 is released

Such a great new! Thanks ardour team.

1 Like

Cheers to the Ardour team!!!

Congrats team! :slight_smile: The best music making software on linux just got a lot better.

WooHoo! Well done!!!

I had the same question…

Thats awesome, Im on it! this is so cool! new gadgets and releases makes me happy, thank you for awesomeness! :slight_smile:

Many thanks to Paul and the whole team for this. Your hard work is greatly appreciated!

Same warning on Debian 10…
That’s unusual, normally Debian libs are too old :joy:

If you go to the nightly builds page you can download a version compiled with GCC5 (nightly builds are not necessarily stable)

I’ve had the same warning, and answer yes. Tests are ok with a-compressor and a-reverb. Sorry I can’t tell for VSTs plugins…

Congrats to all the team and thank you all!

Just 2 questions :

1. Does anybody have an idea of the number of devs for a commercial product of that kind?
  2. (more important)) Is there an online party somewhere to celebrate this event?

Have fun, folks, and thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

There was an error in the release process. We released the gcc4 build, not the gcc5 one. A new packaging is underway, and the files will be updated.

You will need to download again.

Extremely sorry about this - this release process is a bit different to previous ones because we decided to stop packaging the gcc4 version (it remains available on nightly.ardour.org). I didn’t verify the modified release process to ensure that it grabbed the right one.

I will post an announcement here when the new packages are available.

3 Likes

No problem Paul, I guess rc2.11 is alright to use?

Nightlies are fine (there are separate gcc4 and gcc5 builds there, and you will get the gcc5 one unless you choose otherwise).

Does anybody have an idea of the number of devs for a commercial product of that kind?

Reaper has two devs.

Though to be fair, there were periods during Reaper’s lifetime when the number was notably higher, I believe.

1 Like

Hi Paul,great news for Ardour 6 !!! :grinning:

Right, they were 4 during a period (between v4 and the mid of v5) iirc.

Thanks for your answer DHealey, it’s like a little bird singing “I told it to you, since years, that FLOSS is more powerfull than dollars, and the future of human kind”. Sorry (or not!) to come to the political field… It’s not to compare Reaper and Ardour (which don’t do the same things, as little far as I know from some hours of playing with Reaper VS many years on Ardour)… Just some little sunday thoughts in that strange time that we all live on…

OK, new gcc5 compatible packages are now installed in the download system. Feel free to download again. Again, apologies for the mistake.

4 Likes