Any tips for combining projects or importing templates into existing

I have a project with audio and midi tracks. Is there a way to import a template after the project is created, or a way to import another project into an existing one.

I’ve thought of exporting the projects and starting over and importing the stems, but then I loose the midi tracks.

Any recommendations or tips on combining projects?

I recently asked a related question on combining projects and you’ll see there was no easy solution …

Thanks Vincent - After looking for a while - I think you are correct. Thanks for confirming that.

Curious, asking the experts, would this be possible with Lua scripting? Read a template and create tracks based on template (in an existing session)? If the tools are there, I’d be willing to give it a try, if just as a learning experience.

As far as I know, there’s no LUA function to “read a template” (session template)

What you could do is:

1. Instead of creating a session template, create track templates of the individual tracks of your session template.
  2. Using a LUA script, instantiate these track templates in your session.

For an example, check out 30 seconds of this video I made (at 4’56")

Look how easy it is to do in LUA. Example code in the Ardour GIT repo:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.