ZynAddSubFX instrument random velocity changes

Hi all, I have a question about the behaviour some ZynAddSubFX instruments. Some of them seem to have strong velocity randomization, and I’m having a very hard time turning it off.

Right now I’m mostly wrestling with “Synth Brazz 2” of ZynAddSubFX LV2 version 3.0.05 (listen e.g. to this sample).

Two “solutions” that I have been working with so far are 1) adding a strong compressor or 2) make the instrument mono.

Both solutions, however, also take the space and the dynamism out of the instrument.

Since I have had similar issues with other plugins/instruments, I was just wondering if any of you has experienced the same, and maybe found alternative general (or instrument-specific?) solutions.

That sounds suspicious to me. You’re sure you don’t have some phase cancellation issues in your routing or even in your wiring? Like a self soldered audio cable where you’ve swapped hot/cold signals? Sounds unllikely but I’ve seen it happen (dont ask who did the soldering)…

1 Like

https://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.io/support.html

1 Like

Haven’t started soldering my own audiocables yet. :slight_smile: I’m using a fairly simple set-up. I’m not even playing the instrument with an external keyboard or anything. I’m just drawing the notes directly into the midi track.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.