Yamaha KX25 control surface problem

Hi, I’m trying to configure my midi controller with Ardour, but I some problem. My midi controller is a Yamaha KX25 keyboard with an integrated control surface. In Ardour, I’m able to bind a fader to any Knob on the controller, but when I bind the play button a strange thing append. As soon as I press a key that trigger a note number grater than 63, the play action is trigged in Ardour. So, when I’ve got the play and stop button configured, as soon as I press a key that generate a note number greater than 63 all actions are triggered (play & stop). It’s like Ardour was using the Note Number as trigger (OFF =­> 0-63, ON => 64-127) instead of the velocity. Bellow the message printed in the console when I press the different button.

Play

control input: Channel 1 NoteOn NoteNum 94 Vel 127 (Press)
control input: Channel 1 NoteOn NoteNum 94 Vel 0 (Release)

Stop

control input: Channel 1 NoteOn NoteNum 93 Vel 127 (Press)
control input: Channel 1 NoteOn NoteNum 93 Vel 0 (Release)

Knob

control input: Channel 1 Controller 74 Value 5

Any idea how to bind my control surface to Ardour ?

Thank

Check with me if you can before you spend to much time coding a specific surface for it. There are a few things we are considering for a future version of Ardour that should make this much easier hopefully.

Seablade

After digging into the source code, I found the ‘bistate’ flag that need to be ON for my control surface to start working. But after that, the fader isn’t working anymore. I manage to get everything working properly with a quick patch. It seems that my controller send non-standard command. Maybe I’ll take some time to code a specific controller for the Yamaha KX series in a near future.

++