X touch mini control

I’ve got my Behringer X-Touch Mini connected to Ardour, however, the behavior is not at all what I expected. I would like the pots on the mini to control the sliders okn the Ardour tracks & buses. Is there a way to do this?

You need to describe the precise settings (both on the X-Touch and in Ardour) that you are using. It might also be helpful to describe what it does currently do.

I’m running Ubuntu studio 18.04. I enabled Mackie control mode on the x touch and plugged it into the USB port on my
thinkpad t430 laptop. I start Jack using qjackctl. I have Midi driver support set to none, unchecked enabled Alsa sequencer support, and placed “a2jmidid -e &” in"after startup" script for qjackctl as described here: http://manual.ardour.org/setting-up-your-system/setting-up-midi/midi-on-linux/

In Ardour under preferences->control surfaces I enabled Mackie Control and under protocol settings clicked on Behringer X-Touch Mini and used whatever Midi in and out were listed (there was only one) at which time the control surfaces lights up.

When it first turns on the first for v-pots are in panning mode, the following pots do not seem to be linked. The play, stop, loop, forward, backward, master slider, nudge, marker, and click work as expected.

When I click on what should be the track button, the first pot changes to trim on a “dry” bus. The second pot does not seem to be connected to anything, the third pot alternates between iso, solo, and none on a “wet” audio bus. The test of the pots do not seem to be connected. I have not observed the push button on any pot doing anything.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any suggestions that you may have that could help.

I figured out how to make the X Control Mini do what I wanted using generic MIDI Learn as described here.

http://manual.ardour.org/using-control-surfaces/generic-midi/midi-learn/

I’m one happy camper!

That’s really a weak solution compared to using Mackie Control.

I suspect that the problem is that the X-Touch Mini is not in Mackie mode. One way to detect this might be to take a look at the bindings you’ve come up with.

I returned X-Touch Mini which was behaving exactly as described by OP. It was in Mackie Mode (mc led was flashing as well) but it is just not that useful unless you set up the mapping yourself. This means channels cannot be banked even if you set encoders to control channel volumes. I guess there is a reason that when you look for X-Touch mini reviews you only find it being used by photographers.

Replaced it with Faderport 8 that BTW works amazingly well, was really surprised with the level of integration.

This seems suprising to me. I’d still be interested in seeing what it actually sends …