I’m totally newbie and I got my x-touch-compact and tried to use in ardour without success.
I followed instructions in http://manual.ardour.org/using-control-surfaces/mackie-control-protocol/behringer-devices-in-mackielogic-control-mode/#compact and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01aJWbzzNmM:
- connect via USB to computer
- switch to MC mode
- start jackd (via qjactl). BTW, should I act on jack configuration to make x-touch communicating with ardour?
- I see x-touch-compact in the “alsa” tab of jack connections as “x-touch compact midi 1” in both readable and writable clients.
- start ardour, set control surface to Mackie, device “x-touch-compact” but surface sends/receives are “disconnected” and no way to connect them can be found …
- … and no control of ardour mixer responds to x-touch faders …