Work with video without the audio crackling

I have been trying to load up a very short video clip and apply autotune. But, I don’t get any further than trying to load the video.

When I don’t set it to extract the audio, there’s no audio at all. And, when it extracts the quality is reduced too much to be able to use it.

I must be doing it wrong. I hope someone knows how.

Thanks

Maybe too low a buffersize (Menu > WIndow >Audio/MIDI setup) and the system cannot keep up?

Does Ardour play other sessions fine?

What OS do you use, and what Audio System and what soundcard?

Maybe too low a buffersize (Menu > WIndow >Audio/MIDI setup) and the system cannot keep up?

Does Ardour play other sessions fine?

What OS do you use, and what Audio System and what soundcard?

The other sessions play fine at this buffer size, 128.
I’m using Ubuntu 20.04 lts with KDE and Ardour 6.

Lol, audio system. It’s just a home computer. Thanks for thinking I was some studio or something though. I don’t even have a soundcard other than the onboard stuff.

Here’s what seems to work so far:

From: https://superuser.com/questions/1327921/ffmpeg-convert-webm-opus-to-wav-or-flac-in-single-step

For mono audio channel:
ffmpeg -i file.webm -ac 1 -f wav file.wav
ffmpeg -i file.webm -ac 1 -f flac file.flac

For double audio channels:
ffmpeg -i file.webm -ac 2 -f wav file.wav
ffmpeg -i file.webm -ac 2 -f flac file.flac

Then I can load the video into Ardour without the audio. Finally, importing the audio in one of the lossless formats seems to accomplish getting them into Ardour without further degradation of the audio.

Try 1024. – Unless you play live or record with software monitoring you don’t need that low a buffersize.

Great. Glad that you managed to help yourself!

It’s odd that soundtrack extraction from within Ardour fails though. Ardour also uses ffmpeg to extract the soundtrack.

Can you share the video file that fails, or a similar short version (same codec) so that we can investigate? ideally at tracker.ardour.org

I do both of those things, I think. The second one I think I’m still trying to figure out. Everything plays fine normally, even at 64 sometimes.

I wasn’t messing with you. I just found that, just now. Tried it real quick and it worked. I can imagine that 99% of helping people here must be telling them their hardware isn’t good enough.

Unfortunately, I can’t do that. My apologies. But, you can download any webp video off of youtube if you want the same codec. They use opus for audio.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.