Windows and Focusrite compatible

My friend has a Windows machine - thinking about using Ardour for Windows and the Focusrite interface. Any thoughts, cautions or encouragement?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/manufacturer/Focusrite?

I’m using Ardour Windows with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 without problems.

Hey, I’m using Ardour on Windows with a Focusrite 18i8, and it works mostly, however Ardour struggles a bit with changing the interface settings like the sample rate, does not work so well and usually I have to switch then manually in the driver.

I also don’t know if it’s related to the focusrite, but since Ardour 6 it’s not so stable anymore and crashes regularly (mostly with higher sample rates), so depends what you want to do but if it’s for professional use I would not recommend it so much.

thanks for that, can you tell me in Ardour how do you adjust the sample rate in the driver for Focusrite.

Well, when you start a new session, you should have this window popping up where you can tweak such things (in french for me). Capture d’écran 2021-04-02 110726
Or you can just open it in a session by clicking on Window → Audio/Midi Setup

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.