window maximize button?

Ardour 5.3 on Ubuntu Gnome 16.10, laptop with 1366x768 screen. There is no Maximize button on the top right corner of the Ardour application window, just Minimize and Close. So the Ardour window cannot be set to fill up the entire screen width. All other application windows show all three buttons (Minimize, Maximize, Close) after having been enabled in TweakTool/Windows. Any ideas?

Use “maximise editor space” menu entry, this will “full-screen”, omitting the window title bar. I’m sure there’s a key binding for it as well.

Please take a screenshot of that. Ardour should always have title bars with normal window manager buttons UNLESS you’ve already used its own internal “maximise editor space” operation, in which case it should be full-screen with no window manager decorations.

sorry Paul if it was unclear, that’s what I meant to express above

hi Paul, this problem exists for me. Ardour doesn’t show maximize button, however other apps do.

Screenshot

What window manager (“desktop environment”) is that?

I have the same issue, I’m on Linux Mint 17.3 64-bit, Cinnamon 3.0.7, Linux Kernel 4.4.0-116-generic, Ardour 5.4.0 (rev 5.4), Intel 64-bit

It was because the preference tab attached as mentiones here: https://community.ardour.org/node/13588