Will ardour make analog modeled versions of stock plugins

Also I noticed the issues I had with calf plugins and a lot of sounds when adjusting settings and knobs, but for the 32c eq when I adjust eq settings fairly quickly but I noticed I heard like a weird sound or artifact and I’m wondering if that’s a bad sign of audio dsp or a typical response of the analog moddled system

If you have questions about supposed audible artifacts in Mixbus plugins you should ask them on a Mixbus forum.

I did but No one replied to my thread

How log have you waited for a reply?

I searched your username on the Mixbus forum and didn’t find anything that seemed to be directly related to that particular question.

I posted it here http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/thread-8492.html and someone else posted the same thing

http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum/thread-8500.html

Do you work for Harrison or something?

Are you mixing using EarPods? That seems to be a bit… unique.

No, I don’t work for Harrison, I don’t use Mixbus and I don’t even have an account on their forum. But anyone can do a Search by Username there.

Maybe you should bump the post, post it again or team up with the other person who posted the same thing and see if you’ll get a reply.

I really doubt a Harrison representative, or expert Mixbus user, will find your question here; buried deep in your “Will ardour make analog modeled versions of stock plugins” question.

Well I was using the wired headphone jack Apple ear pods, but I don’t think that’s the issue also another person had the same issue as I did and I don’t think they were using the same style of headphones I used or if they used headphones at all, I was supposed to send Harrison some examples but I never got around to it, I just tired it on my Mac OS laptop and it’s fine, maybe an Linux issue or my old iMac 2007, since I was using the built in sound card at the time who knows

I see that you said Probably nothing to worry about for sure and It’s probably just how it work on the issue.
carlcraid even seemed entirely uninterested in following up on it, since he never even replied to Dingo’s questions.

But again; questions about obvious Mixbus things should preferably be asked on the Mixbus forum an not in entirely unrelated Ardour posts.

In this case an x-runs (dropout) is the most likely explanation.

1 Like

I understand, I was asking on here in case mixbus wasn’t using the best filtering and maybe others have noticed. But it seems to be a issue that’s Linux based and I’ll just leave it at that, not many people use Linux that I know of so I know I won’t find many that had the same issue as me, if I ever use Linux again I’ll test on my USB sound card

I’m not sure as I didn’t much much x runs at all, it ran fairly well,

::cough::

I suppose that might depend on how you define ‘expert’. You do have some fairly well versed people around here including developers that float around on this forum as well. But yes your point about bumping the question there is dead on accurate anyways.

There have been many things said about Mixbus, but the filtering not being the best is not one I have heard. The filters are based off their existing consoles, the 32c in particular is based off the filters from the 32c.

I can’t say I have noticed anything out of the ordinary when modifying the filters for the record. Maybe posting a recording of what you heard next time might help identify it for the Mixbus devs?

Seablade

If your question is if Mixbus is using the best filtering it definitely should be posted on the Mixbus forum.

carlcraig was posting in the Mixbus Mac OSX forum, so it doesn’t seem to be a Linux issue per se.
Since there doesn’t seem to be an outcry of other people experiencing the same thing, Dingo apparently tried but couldn’t replicate the problem, it seems likely that it’s related to your and carlcraig’s hardware more than any inherent Mixbus issue.

And supposed Mixbus EQ issues really aren’t Ardour issues, since the two programs don’t have the same EQ plugins.

Sure, I know that people like Ben,and possibly other Mixbus folks, hang around here every now and then.
It was more about posting that particular question deep down in an entirely unrelated Ardour thread, as well as not making more of a point on it on the actual software-in-question forum.

If you have x-runs some of these are audible, in special if this appear when ardour or mixbus is mixing, I had de same clicks but in no ardour related taskings, in fact whitout ardour open, bit this artifacts are counted by jack.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.