What projects are you guys working on with ardour?

I am using a decca tree. Anyway, recording an orchestra which contains of about 70 musicians, 8-10 channels is the lowest limit even with a decca tree.

Open Rock Progressive!!! :smiley: at themuopenproject.org.ve

cheers!

I replaced a Yamaha AW16G with an Ardour setup last December (including M-Audio Delta 1010 and DAV BG8 8 channel mic preamp).

Since then I’ve mostly used it for sound tracks for some youtube videos (channel anahatamelodeon, of little interest unless you are a squeezebox player and into English traditional music)

I’ve got a ceilidh band coming in this weekend to record a demo which will be the studio’s first paying gig. Also the first time I’ve recorded a drum kit - should be interesting.

Then my lovely lady and I are going to put together an album of our own music and songs. We did one years ago and burnt CDs, then four albums on the Wild Goose label, but this will be the first to be recorded at home and then manufactured as pressed CDs on our own label.

Here is a snipset of one of my last recordings, Tschaikowski Cappricio Italy:

http://www.erdie.de/test42.mp3

-Erdie

@erdie: very nice. who/what is the orchestra?

This is an orchestra of the company I am working for. The make regular concerts and I am recording most of them. The use the records to improve their performances and probably the best pices will be used for creating a CD. My benefit is to make the recording techniques more perfect to satisfy other customers. All about a win - win situation.

Wanna hear other pieces? This one was from 2 weeks ago, i made 2 more recordings last weekend.

-Erdie

@Erdie: yes :slight_smile:

http://www.erdie.de/test0815.mp3

Clarinet concert from Carl Maria von Weber. Modified Decca Tree consisting of 2 MBHO603 + KA100 in the middle 2 Neumann KM184, angle about 80° 15cm pointing to the “wood”. 2 more support mics (Beyerdynamic MC930) for Contrabass + harp (not for this piece).

The direction of the 2 front mic was parallel to the ground (otherwise it sounds too crisp)

RME Multiface II, RME Quadmic (Decca Tree) + Beringer ADA8000 ADAT for the support mics.

I used jconv on a stereo bus for extra reverb using an impulse from the Quantec Yardstick.

erdie: sounds fantastic! I have always wanted to record something like that in the old-fashioned way. Fascinating. Thanks for sharing!

BTW, why is there always somebody coughing on orchestral recordings, do you add that? :wink:

BTW, why is there always somebody coughing on orchestral recordings, do you add that? :wink:

That´s live :wink:

BTW: Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

I just downloaded the demo…will be upgrading to full. At the moment I have been importing tracks from Audacity and wav files just to get familiar with it. I currently am using a Berhinger XENEX 1204FX with the Berhinger UCA U-Control USB interface but am looking to get the 1204USB version. So far I have remixed some previously recorded tunes from a progressive ambient project I am involved with called Ollin. I am happy with what I can do so far.I am by no means an engineer by any stretch of the imagination, but hopefully Ardour will give me a better grasp of the finer points of recording…at least in the home studio capacity.I will post a link to my efforts soon.

Video post-production - Ardour + XJadeo
Voice over/track recording - narrations, auditions
Hydrogen Programming
Mixing

Currently working on a blues sampler EP for a friend’s 3-piece. Five days’ tracking just completed, down to mixing now. This is my first serious look at Ardour 3 - no real problems so far, just a bit of confusion from time to time! I don’t need MIDI, so perhaps I should have stuck with Ardour2 for familiarity’s sake, but I was eager to try it out…

I have been using Ardour as live mixer on a few gigs with my band. Currently I use Ardour mostly to mix and export the tracks from our gigs. I always record them, for partly for fun but also to help us improve our performance before next gig. I also try to make my own music but never manage to finish anything.