What interface is compatible with Ardour

I wanted to use Ardour for my Scully280 transfer job I have to do. What interface is compatible with Ardour and can you recommend one?

Ardour doesn’t interact with audio hardware directly. There’s also no way to know what is supported unless you mention the platform you are on. Basically, more or less any audio interface that works with your platform (OS X or Linux) works with Ardour.

See http://ardour.org/realfaq#audioio for more specific suggestions.

I have a Scully 280 at the analog studio where I work. I just transfer tapes to my Masterlink when I need to. Actually, it’s behind me in my avatar pic.

Also, an important bit of info is how many tracks you want to digitize from the Scully. I’ve never used one, so I don’t know the extent of the options. Do you want to just do a 2 channel (stereo) bounce to your computer? Or do you want to do more? If you only need 2 channels, then there are many affordable options. If you want to do more channels then you might want an interface with more inputs, though with patience you could still make it work with a 2 channel interface. I have an RME Babyface (with a Behringer Ultragain Pro-8 connected via lightpipe for extra channels). It works with OS X/Ardour, and my understanding is that RME works well with Linux too.