Waves 64bit plugins on WIndows 7

Hello,
I installed Waves Gold bundle on my win 7 64 bit machine through Waves Central as described in their documentation.

I have an Ardour 64bit subscription but I can’t make them work during the VST scan.
I’ve already cleared VST caches and tried several directories with no luck.
These are the logs when I add the "C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins to the VST path:

[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\WaveShell-VST 9.91_x64.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[WARNING]: Cannot get VST information for ‘C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\WaveShell-VST 9.91_x64.dll’: failed to load cache file.
[INFO]: -> Cannot get Windows VST information, plugin ignored.
[INFO]: * C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\WaveShell2-VST 9.91_x64.dll - x64 (64-bit)
[WARNING]: Cannot get VST information for ‘C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\WaveShell2-VST 9.91_x64.dll’: failed to load cache file.
[INFO]: -> Cannot get Windows VST information, plugin ignored.

Trying other directories the message is similar “Cannot get VST information…”

The curious thing is that if I uninstall Ardour 64bit and install the 32bit demo version the plugins from the 32bit waveshell dir are recognized and work perfectly.

Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks,
Franco

I think the waveshell runs 32 bit automatically. I may be wrong, but on my 64 bit system the waveshell installs automatically into the x86 (32 bit) programs folder. When I use Reaper 64 bit, Waves shows up fine; but Ardour states that 32 bit plugins won’t work with Ardour 64 bit, and that you need to use Ardour 32 bit in order to use 32 bit plugins, but that 64 bit plugins will also work with Ardour 32. So, sounds like an Ardour issue for now, and running Ardour 32 is the best option. I hope this helps.

Actually, I may have misspoken, they say that Ardour 32 bit will run on a 64 bit system; not that it will run 64 bit vst’s. I have not tried using 64 bit vst’s with it yet; but what I said about Waves should still be relevant.

Hi,
Thanks for the answer. I managed to solve the problem by uninstalling Waves Central and all plugins and then installing everything again. I then followed the procedure at https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-find-your-plugins-in-a-waves-host-application.
This procedure was suggested by the Waves support which actually does not support Ardour officially (unfortunately).
Franco