Verify drag & drop files into LSP plugin GUI

Please see the tech details at Verify drag & drop files into plugin GUI - #2 by x42

It is entirely unrelated the plugin standard, VST2/3 LV2, AU etc. but note that LSP’s LV2 GUI event system is also largely unrelated to LSP’s VST2 GUI. I’d not be surprised if one supports DnD while another does.

(Just thought about it)
I have not tried the reverse yet, of trying to D&D audio files from a QT based FM into other plugins that I have mentioned I tested above.

I was able to test this and discovered some more information to share about this.
Appears that you can D&D into VST2 plugins.
All my testing was with GTK based file managers, but I tried some QT based ones such as Dolphin and VST2 D&D works. For example the LSP VST2 versions that none of us were able to get to work, actually work with QT FMs.

If anyone is interested, I made a separate post about this in the Hints & Tricks section to hopefully more clearly share the discoveries made in this post.
This post can be found here if anyone is interested

@x42
Thank you Robin, as mentioned above I hope that it is okay but I made a separate post about this to hopefully help other users with this in the future.
Also keep in mind that Ardour is actually able to D&D from within (Import window & Side bar clips) when using VST3 plugin versions. This was surprising.

Does anyone know of any other VST3 plugins for Linux that accept D&D with audio files?
I want to do more testing with D&D within Ardour and on my system the VST3 plugin was the only one that this worked in. The only plugin I know of is Speedrum Lite (VST3) which works.
Sfizz you can D&D any files into the GUI including audio files but not really meant to.
Only thing I can think of is maybe Vital has a VST3 that can accept D&D of waveforms, but don’t have / not sure.
Just wondering if anyone knows of any other VST3 plugins for Linux that I could try?

Also, would take too much to test at the moment, but I was wondering how Ardour would handle D&D from within when used in a QT based desktop environment such as KDE Plasma. Robin mentioned that QT applications handle D&D differently, so with Ardour being more GTK based I wonder what the results would be.
Is anyone using QT based DE that has any plugins that accept D&D that could try this out?
(I know it is not plugin format type specific but don’t know how else to phrase this)
Wonder if there are any LV2 or VST2 plugins that support D&D from within Ardour itself (import window / sidebar clips). Even curious if any VST3 plugins also work, like the one mentioned above that works in GTK based DE.
If you do, just mention the plugin format and if it worked in either the import window or sidebar clips (which are said to handle audio files differently than one another).

Not important but if anyone has any info about this I would be interested.

Thank You

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.