Various little questions

Sorry guys,
I have a few usability questions that I bundle here. I guess all this information must be out there, but I am lacking the right terms for the searches.

1. Is there a simple function that allows me to move a region adjacent to another, so that there is no little gap or overlap?

2. Is there a way to move regions between tracks, while holding their position exactly? It seems this works when I select a grid-related behaviour, but only when the region starts exactly on a beat. Can I do the same for regions that don’t?

3. Is there a way to apply volume settings and plugins only to a part of a track?

4. Is there a way to move tracks up and down?

any help will be greatly appreciated!

1. Grid set to region bounds and a simple drag

2. middle mouse button click and drag

3. Automation (I suggest the mixbus manual for more info… http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/mixbus3-live-manual/1/en/topic/mixbus-automation)

4. Click and drag in the right hand sidebar

Seablade

for 4, select track(s) and/or busses, then use Track > Move Selected Tracks Up (or down) or their respective shortcuts (Ctrl-uparrow and Ctrl-downarrow on Linux/Windows).

(2) has changed recently. Preferences > User Interaction allows one to define how to begin a “constrained” drag.

@x42 Ahh thanks for the heads up.

It really is amazing how fast A4 is developing sometimes, especially with how few developers are working on it on a regular basis. Again kudos to all of you.

Seablade

Absolutely. Just had the same thought. Ardour has become an amazingly good tool since 4.0. Thanks everybody - also for the replies here.