Using Track name when exporting audio

When exporting audio, you can use Session name or Snapshot name to make the filename. Today I was wishing there was a third option, Track name. I was importing nicely-named wav files, adjusting them, and exporting as MP3. So that’s my suggestion.
Which track to use in the filename? If you have only one selected, use that. If more than one, maybe the first selected? If none are selected, perhaps don’t offer Track name in the dropdown.

Is the option in the Export dialog not enough for you?
Exportdialog_Trackname

I can work with the export dialogue, it’s fine. I can double click the track name in the main window, ctrl C, export dialogue, select the Label, ctrl V, so I can achieve my filename without much bother. I was just suggesting a further option which might be useful generally.

Yes, I understand…:wink: I should have mentioned that the export under the Stem Export selection exports the tracks with their names and edits.
EDIT: I was interested in why the existing one didn’t work for you.
If I interpret you correctly, you want to export the audio files in the tracks as *.mp3 with the editing and the name of the track. The stem export does this for all selected tracks in one go.

Ah, I haven’t been inquisitive enough and haven’t looked at Stem Export! I just tried it and indeed it does what I want… thanks for pointing this out.