using m audio audiophile 2456

using g5 on os 10.5.8. when opening a project in the audio options the audiophile only comes up as interface. still using the core audio in first bit. is this common

my mac is not hookedup to the net yet (LONG STORY ) anyway when starting the program under audio setup i get 3 choices

core, net jack, and dummy

the delta audio shows up in interface. i am new to working with jack. my previous software a few years back was auodio logic 4 on an old mac g3 with the delta 66 and omni io so iam trying to uderstand gow jack works. i just want to make full use of the card. by the way thanks for bearing with me. i am learning /a lot, but still think in terms of wires and patchcords

my mac is not hookedup to the net yet (LONG STORY ) anyway when starting the program under audio setup i get 3 choices

core, net jack, and dummy

the delta audio shows up in interface. i am new to working with jack. my previous software a few years back was auodio logic 4 on an old mac g3 with the delta 66 and omni io so iam trying to uderstand gow jack works. i just want to make full use of the card. by the way thanks for bearing with me. i am learning /a lot, but still think in terms of wires and patchcords

In your case you should have it set to…

Driver: Core Audio
Interface: Audiophile

If you haven’t read it yet, I strongly recommend reading http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/index/?q=flossmanual

Seablade

i changed the sound manager settings to the audiophile card , but the icon still only lists core audio. does ardour bypass the sound manager and access the core audio , or if the core is set to audiophile does it consider audiophile as core

@bill ripley: i think you’re really confused, which is not your fault. JACK pays no attention to your CoreAudio/CoreMIDI settings. I suggest you either paste a screenshot of the dialog and/or find us on IRC (see http://ardour.org/support for details)

how can i get ardour to take advantage of the audiofile card for both in and out

It should by default, it is in fact difficult to get ardour NOT to use it for both.

Seablade

If the audiophile is the only true duplex audio device on your system, which is likely with most recent versions of OS X, yes this is common.

Seablade