Using fader port and fader max gain vs software gain

With ardour; isn’t the max gain in software +6 DB and the presonus fader port and many others have a +10DB max fader knob.

How does this work with ardour, when you push the fader up what does the hardware fader go up to, 6 or 10.

Such devices do not send “+10dB” messages to the DAW. They send a MIDI message to the effect of “I’m at the top of my range of motion”. How that gets interpreted is up to the receiver (the DAW), not the sender.

I had a midi controller that I have tied to use but it doesn’t remember my settings after I used it for another track also not motorized. Does fader port properly remember fader positions, I assume so based on the design of the fader port. But when you mention midi my mind is going places.

Controllers generally do not “remember” anything, either they are non-motorized and the current fader position is what is sent as the value, or they are motorized, and move the faders to the position received as feedback from the DAW.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.