Using a Tascam US2400 Controller

Hi there,

i’m brand new in using Ardour.
From former days (in which i have used Cubase 5.5) i own i Tascam US 2400 Controller.

Can i use it with Ardour?
If yes: How do i have to configure Ardour so that the controller is working?

Best regards

Daniel

Ardour has complete support for the US2400. It should just show up in the list of control surfaces. It is supported by a dedicated module, which does a little more when used in the context of Mixbus (which is based on Ardour). It should still do a lot within Ardour.

Hi Paul,

when i settings menu --> Input devices/controllers i just have Wiimote, Mackie, Open Sound Control (OSC), Faderport and Generic Midi listed, but not the Tascam.

Can you help me to get this thing working?

Best regards

Daniel

So sorry. The US2400 support arrived in our code after the release of 5.12. It will be in the next release, which has no scheduled date. You will find it in the most recent version (4.3) of Mixbus, which may or may not help you.

Comment/question: “Ardour has complete support for the US2400…”

Is this support for when the controller is in Logic Mode (Logic pre-ver 7=MCU+2 ext)) or in Native Mode (Sel+Chan = Logic ver 7.2 to current)?

OK feel free to ignore the following.
I have followed Ben’s video for MB32c and it requires the controller to be in Logic Mode, it’s awesome, works great…But… I have 2 (yes) US2400 controllers.

I am testing out some midi maps, see if I can get both to work together as one giant controller. When in native mode fyi it works in Logic X, as long as you delete the older configuration and port 6 shows.

Not trying to invalidate your hardwork (logic started circa1987?) I love ardour/MB.

If anyone cares, I would like to share it is possible to use 2 US-2400 controllers at the same time. 48 independent faders + encoders + Master fader + Monitor Fader. Currently with MB32c.
This is how I am doing it (work in progress).
1st Left controller is in Native Mode connected via Generic Midi using my own midi binding .map(50% completed).
2nd Right controller is in Logic Mode connected via the above mentioned pre-mapped Tascam US-2400 Control Surface.
Since both are running different protocols the software recognizes them independently.
This makes things highly customizable. For example, Bank up and down any amount of tracks over 24 with the left controller while the right controller is dedicated to the Mixbus channels + VCA faders + Master using the flip button on the right controller. For really large mixes mind you.
This is why this Ardour is so powerful and awesome. You can do pretty much anything with it. Perfect.