I am trying to use a Firewire device with an external device connected via Optical on Linux.
FYI: This setup works fine on the same Laptop (dual boot) Mac OS (El Capitan) but I had to install a mixer/driver from M-Audio. Confirming that the devices work and wirings are correct.
On Linux both devices work independently, but I don’t know how to use them together.
I connected 2 microphones, 1 to each device and was able to record only from 1 device at a time.
In qjackctl I can select each device, but how can I use both in Ardour?
If I select the interface (and restart jack)
- FW2626(hw:1) = Using M-Audio only. 10 inputs available
- FW2626(hw:1,0) = (same as above)
- FW2626(hw:1,1) = Using Focusrite only. 16 input available (not sure why 16 show up)
- MacBook 2010 - Ubuntu Studio 18.10
- Ardour 5.12
- Jack with ALSA driver
- M-Audio - ProFire 2626 - connected via Firewire to Macbook
- Focusrite Octopre mkii - connected with Optical cable + Wordclock