Upgrade Ardour5 to Ardour6 on UbuntuStudio

Most of the times as you can read in posts from years ago, several times when someone exposes what the person thinks it’s a bug, problem, or usability problem, they or someone else, respond in a very cynical kind of manner, trying the person that exposes that as lazy because didn’t found the solution or not being the solution at hand, is not trying to find solutions by doing some kind of different thing to achieve the same result.

Ardour6 as an example has a Noise Reduction, or LPFilter, or some capped high frequencies, that are obvious, if this comes from Harrison, and it’s supossed to be good, is something that as user i don’t have to know or agree with. I think the new DSP changes or whatever causes that “noise reduction” or “low pass filter” or “frequency change” that leads to dead voice when recording, is something i don’t like and is night and day, when in Ardour5 you had a cristal clear recording, with the good and bad things, we all know that is much better catching the high harshing frequencies and then doing something to avoid them, than not catching those frequencies, and then having to invent them.
I have even imported audio that was exported with Ardour5.12 to Ardour6.6 and that capped high frequencies are obvious, evident, then it comes the moment where “you don’t have to say something that could be not good for the product”, and at that point the problem is your problem and you have something leading to the problem, is not the product fault. With ALSA and Jack boths this happens and a bug was created on this, which i think is a very important and delicate thing, as i don’t see other people talking about this i’m pretty much thinking is my problem, i’m not irrational, but the changes to the DSP and the frequency response is not clear, and was not exposed, and something is going wrong with that.

Then in other aspects like usability in general, and specially with MIDI, and being that this is taking so many years without solution, they should in my opinion, take a desition on how to deal the MIDI thing, maybe leaving it to external apps to avoid the bad user experience that leads to loosing people…

What i’m borried about is in Ardour loosing people, because when Ardour dies for some people, it could die for all of us.

Asking collaboration from people and making people vote like “a kind of game of being gratefull with Ardour by getting involved in this voting game to solve problems” is something i would suggest, as many of us don’t have money but sometimes we have time

thanks for your time, and hope Ardour can put EGO appart, and work for the good of the product, after what happened with NON-TUX products, starting from him and then following by Carla’s creator, it’s clear that the OpenSource community is hard to manage, but also that the ego of developers is sometimes bigger than the ego of the artists using their products :stuck_out_tongue:

Love Ardour, and when coming to the back world i thought i was going to find people with other vibration, and i guess you all have reasons to be non product, non excelence oriented, what could be first is product excelence, and Ardour is having problems that seems to be more related with ego, else managment is not good enough… people is even talking terrible things about Mixbus and those things are coming from Ardour problems, that should be solved for the good of one of the best DAWs out there

don’t take me wrong, your time is love for Ardour (but you live from this) my time is love to Ardour, and i don’t live from this…so in the end is a respectable love too i guess

will do my best to help as much as i can and you let me

thanks for this amazing product that derives from your time and passion

thank you

Mica

That is not true. There is no built-in DSP whatsoever.
Please refrain from spreading misinformation. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.