Update X touch Firmware? anyone done this on Linux

My X touch is out of date re the Firmware.
How do you update the firmware on Linux, seems you need a windows box.
Cheers All
Bob

Hi Bob,

I had the same problem and found this solution:

1. Download firmware from behringer.com (e.g. X-TOUCH_Firmware_V1.21.zip)

2. Find alsa hw name of midi device with amidi -l (e.g. hw:1,0)

3. Make sure that no program is using the midi device (e.g. killall jackd, killall a2jmidid)

4. Send X-Touch into firmware update mode by holding “DISPLAY” button while powering on

5. Connect X-Touch to computer with 5-pin DIN MIDI connector (USB connection did not work for me for firmware update although I do use it when working with X-Touch)

6. Unzip downloaded firmware file (e.g. unzip X-TOUCH_Firmware_V1.21.zip)

7. Send sysex data via midi to X-Touch device:
    amidi -p hw:1,0 -s X-TOUCH_sysex_update_1-21_1-04.syx -i 100

8. Wait until finished (takes some time, you will see numbers counting in the X-Touch display; X-Touch will reboot automatically when finished)

Regards,
Axel

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this.
Away at mo do we connect midi to pc via midi to USB cable?
I have no midi on pc.
Cheers
Bob

Hi,

I just tried again updating using the USB connection, but it simply does not work; the X-Touch display shows “12” and then “14” and then nothing happens.

When using the 5-pin DIN MIDI connection, it works.

To connect to the computer, I have used the MIDI port on either M-Audio Delta 1010LT or my USB MIDI interface ESI M4U eX successfully.

I don’t know why the simple USB connection does not work for update at my setup. You might try it nevertheless, perhaps it works for you.

Regards,
Axel

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.