Unexpected behaviour: trimming a region start moves the contents

I’m editing regions to comp a part together. This has been working fine, but all of a sudden I’ve encountered a problem…

Moving the beginning of regions is moving the contents of the region, so the audio is no longer where it was recorded but moving later and later, the more that I move the start of the region!

Trimming region ends works as expected, with the audio staying where it is, just the end bound of the region moving.

Have I inadvertently triggered a different editing mode with a careless press of a key that’s activated a shortcut?

Ardour 7.4 from here, running on Linux.

ETA: Here are a couple of screenshots:

The audio starts at the second marker, but after trimming the start of the region, the audio moves later and no longer starts at the second marker:

I’ve checked the other playlists on this track and this weird behaviour only occurs on one of them, all the others behave as expected.

The one with the odd behaviour is a copy of one of the other playlists, that’s the only thing I can think that marks it out as different.

So random question, is it the audio starts later and becomes out of sync, or is it just a visual issue and the audio itself plays back in the correct position?

Seablade

The audio starts later and is out of sync as well as being visibly later.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.