Une Question De Temps

Hi there,

hope everyone is going well.

Due to quarantine,I had time to moove forward with a project initiated some time ago.
Not totally completed,but matured enough so that I allow me to share it here.

For thoose who will find an interest in theese songs,there is a link in the video to the full album.

The basic process is:Record in Ardour,mix in Mixbus and “master” back in Ardour.

Thanks for listening.

Best.

Olivier

4 Likes

Nice playing, as usual! — And you ran at least two stop signs :slight_smile:

Hi Robin,
Thanks a lot for posting…
Actualily, a friend of mine made the video…
But I will tell him!!!
Best,
Olivier.

Bonjour!

Nice recording, nice mix and nice music and lyrics :wink:

Your voice and intonation remind me of Mickey3d.

So well done.

A bientôt, cheers!

Bonjour,
Thanks a lot for your kind comment…
All the best.
À bientôt.
Olivier

Salut Oliv,

bonne chanson, et au delà du thème de l’absence toutes ces rues vides parcourues nous parlent tellement de ce putain de confinage…

Bon courage et patience, merci pour le partage :slight_smile:

Hello,
Merci beaucoup pour ton commentaire.
Oui, la personne qui a réalisé la vidéo a un sens de « l’image » et ces rues vides sont effectivement assez parlantes en ce moment.
«Take care »
Olivier

Salut Oliv!

C’est un bonne chanson, vraiment! Your vocal style is distinctive and pleasant, and I like the tone of the recording. Part of me thinks just a little bit of reverb (not too much) might be warranted on the vocal, but … I am not entirely convinced. I’d have to hear it to be sure. I really love your guitar work. Very smooth, the timing is exceptional, it has such a pleasant overall jive. Very nice. I also might be tempted to bump up the gain on the bass just a tad, but again … I dunno. I’d have to hear it, LOL. I really like it tout comme ça!

:smiley:

Hi irelandm,

Thanks a lot for your comment,

You got it right in the center of the target with your observations!

Verb!!! It has been a matter of discussion with a friend who helped me a lot with this project, he was always saying:“Olivier, it does not work,
I can’t hear you singing” then after some work, we were both satisfied … I agree that it lacks somehow, but reverb is such a touchy tool to adjust correctly that I prefered to remain here with a very low level of verb on the voice.

Bass level!!! It took me time to understand that with my cheap monitoring set-up, if I could hear the bass, then for sure it was too loud, so here also , I am hundred per cent with you but at least theese low levels allow to translate more or less on different systems.

Best.

Olivier

1 Like

Bonjour Oliv,

Nice song! Sounds good, bass level (on my system) o.k. Although I don’t understand French, the general feeling comes through. Well done!

Hi Ko,
Thanks a lot for posting.
Stay well.
Olivier