UNDERGROUND MADNESS (jack | firefox | ardour | drumkv1 | helm | lush life | calf | wine-river theme)
That was a fun live Ardour performance
You seem to know your way around Ardour very well. And yes the theme is much nicer that Ardours current default theme 
Hi,
I like your WINE-River theme a lot. I think that itās your best so far! My tired old eyes had troubles with some of the letters and colors of your other themes. The only thing that Iād change in this theme is the stark white on black in the Editor track view. Maybe Charcoal Grey instead of Black? Less tiring for my eyes! Keep up the GREAT work!!
Ken
Thanks, friends! 
@mhartzel: I suppose the default ādarkā Ardourās theme has a long history and many users have already a habit (donāt know). If Paul will be interested of it - this could be gratefully to me:) But anyway Iāve made it to myself and if it could become a next new theme near the others - super (more then I expect)!
@Hedgehog: When I decided to make this theme, the first time I was looking about Carla (falkTX) dark design. Also especially a WINE-river idea came to me from Carlaās acid night underground colors. As I know, Ardour was made (from the beginning) as a program for recording live instruments and vocals, so my experiments are dragging the direction to electronic
Itās just a game⦠Every DAW goes to one common functionality of all DAWs from different sides I think:)
About reducing the black value: when we loose some contrast - we loose some madness
But I think youāre right - much contrast is too hard for eyes (ā¦as much madness for brain). Thatās why Iāve corrected the theme and called it ānew-darkā:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3wLXUcKN8LAaFVEWTlINEhzaFE?usp=sharing
I didnāt erase an original wine_river_theme and it has the same link as before:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3wLXUcKN8LAR2JTeVdxSkwwZU0?usp=sharing
(just a note here: put the file āmy-dark-ardour.colorsā in .config/ardour5 folder, start Ardour. The ādarkā color theme in āEdit>Preferences>Appearance>Colors>Color Themeā must be chosen)
Also, if you have any idea about cooltehnoās themes - welcome - write! Iād like to discuss with pleasure and make it more optimized for different people.
Hi, again!
Iād already fixed the track view contrast to my liking but thank you.
Thereās one visual thing that Iāve never liked about Ardour and thatās the Green lettering against the Black in the top bar. I seem to remember a discussion about this between you and Paul about you wanting to change it and the fact that it couldnāt be changed.
All I can say is that, if it has to be Green against Black, then the contrast needs to be greater. Itās not easy for me to read. More Yellow in the Green would do the trick! 
Ken
Hey there! Thanks for the good work, although it seems for me the files are not in the Drive to download anymore. Iām getting 404 T.T
ā9 YEARS LATERā
![]()
![]()
Anything older than about ±5 days on the internet is widely regarded as medieval. ![]()
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.