I am using a Chinese system.
I have also tested it on a virtual machine (Windows 10 Chinese version), but it still failed to open.
Then I tested it on Windows 10 English version, and the program started running.
So the issue seems to be related to the operating system language, as the Chinese system is unable to run it. I’m not sure if the same problem would occur with Japanese or Korean systems.
Good find. Thank you for the feedback (in case someone else comes across this).
Not too long ago someone provide a Chinese translation of Ardour, so at least to them it apparently worked. Sadly I do not know can not test this myself, nor know how good the translation is: ardour/zh.po at master · Ardour/ardour · GitHub
In Ardour you can disable translations in Preferences > Appearance > Translations