Unable to Load an Old Session

Hi Forum,

I’ve having this problem on both 5.12 (from Ardour not my distro’s repos) as well as Mixbus. There’s a particular project I am trying to revisit and it won’t open. At first it says it cannot find particular tracks although they are there in /interface/[project name]/audiofiles folder. So anyways, I specify the folder upon receiving this prompt and then it acts like its loading, and then crashes. The terminal shows:

Scanning folders for bundled LV2s: /opt/Ardour-5.12.0/lib/LV2
Set cursor set to default
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
watched PID no longer exists - releasing device.

The Ubuntu error dialog that shows up titles the error as “ardour-5.12.0 crashed with SIGSEGV in calf_plugins::audio_module<calf_plugins::equalizer12band_metadata>::process_slice()”
So I guess CALF is the issue, which is fine, I’ll gladly remove the calf plugins from the mix but I really need this project to load. Any idea how to approach this? Thank you in advance.

Try “safe mode: disable all plugins” (in the open-session dialog)

Bless your heart, Robin. So project now opens. Any idea why Ardour is prompting me to designate directories for audio files that are already in the default folder?
Edit: never mind. Now that I re-saved the project, that is no longer happening. Thanks again @x42.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.