Tutorial: Loading and Using Drum Samples in Ardour w/ TX16Wx (VST)

Hey guys, first post under my account that I’ll be using to post my tutorials and content made using Ardour and various other free/open source programs/plugins.

My first video details using the free software sampler plugin TX16Wx alongside Ardour to load drum samples. The coverage of the plugin is basic to say the least, but should be enough to get you started and exploring the options and settings for yourself.

5 Likes

Great, we need more youtube tutorials, Thanks for doing this :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing this video! You know what? That might actually be the first Ardour tutorial targeting Windows!

It’s interesting that you do need a plugin before TX16Wx. What happens if you remove “Simple Synth” after adding TX16Wx? or just create a MIDI track without a synth? It would be nice to get to the bottom of this.

1 Like

Can TX16Wx work with linux? I tried to follow your tutorial in linux and I couldn’t make it work.
Is there any way to do this thing in linux?

https://www.tx16wx.com/download/ does not offer versions for GNU/Linux. You can perhaps use some other sampler e.g. lsp-plugin’s Klangerzeuger or Rui’s samplv1 but they’re different.

I tried to make this thing work in wine but it fails. Simply won’t run.