Tranzport

Hello All-

What are the latest steps to get the Tranzport working under 2.8.4? I have got a nice working compile now, as I posted in the Linux forum, but my Tranzport doesn’t seem to want to cooperate. I see Dave P. got his working, and I’d like to do the same. (Eric here in case you were wondering Dave… :slight_smile: )

Anyway, I compiled Ardour 2.8.4 with the scons options for surfaces and for Tranzport (not at the same time) and neither made the Tranzport option show up in my surfaces menu. I read through all of the various posts from 2006 onward. It seems the manual instructions no longer apply since the change to udev, so I didn’t even try those. Many changes have been implemented since the Tranzport was released, and I’m not sure which ones now apply.

I know I have a working HAL, because my USB sticks show up when I plug them in. Also, lsusb shows one more device when I have the Tranzport sender plugged in than when I don’t.

If someone could give me the latest methodology for using the Tranzport under 2.8.4, I’ll be very grateful!

zendrum

Hey Eric,

Sorry for the delay, we’re dealing with some family drama here. Btw, if you call don’t hang up so quickly, it takes a moment to reach the phone and I screen all calls.

I built and installed 2.8.4 yesterday on my 64 Studio box, with the Tranzport control. It still works perfectly. Alas, I have no idea if Dave Taht is still working on any aspect of the driver. AFAIK it won’t work with 3.0 yet. :frowning:

The formatting rules here screwed up my instructions so you’ll have to email me, I can send the process details to you.

dp