Transfer files from OSX to Linux?

A musician friend of mine and I are trying to exchange ardour folders yet although we can both use the audition feature to hear the individual wave files, the regions are “flat line” (no sound) and thus pressing play returns only silence.

The problem occurs both ways, i.e. from Max to Linux and from Linux to Mac.

I see that his Mac wave files are big-endian and my Linux wave files are little-endian but I don’t know if this is the issue.

Help?

What version of Ardour are you using? Endian issues were specifically addressed in 0.99.2, I believe.

If you’re using an old version of ardour, you can still use audacity to correct your wave file and then import them back in Ardour.

Marc-Olivier Barre,
Kinoko en Orbite

Ardour records in Broadcast Wav by default. There was a problem, up unitl a couple of months ago, with libsndfile. (sp?) This has been corrected, but the result is that much of the ardour sessions that have already been recorded in Broadcast Wav are not transportable to other sessions. I would suggest exporting the tracks to standard wav files and then importing them to a new session on the new platform for now.