This is an exert of a show I just recorded. “The Boyfriend” is 1940’s era spoof on British musicals of the 1920’s.
Performed here by an all teen cast.
Using 17 channels from duel Audiofire12’s, ffado, jack, and Ardour.
14 channels were wireless mics on the talent, 1 channel 1st/2nd keyboard, 2 mic chan’s on the drums.
This cut has almost no post processing applied. (processing suggestions welcome!)
yeah…it ain’t B’way, but not bad for a bunch of teens!
Sounds Nice! What were you using for wireless mics? I have been searching for something cost effective that still sounds good when recorded. These sound like descent quality. Also did you have any room mics for ambient sound?
Sound pretty nice for a bunch of teen. Well done!
I think you should balance more the instruments with the voices, a bit of rev on singing actors and if you have the chance to work a bit on the vocal tuning and I think you will come out with an impressive job.
I have been searching for something cost effective that still sounds good when recorded. These buy steroidssound like descent quality.
co13 please stop spamming. Thank you. We don’t need steroids to use Ardour.
Thanks for the response and recommendations.
greend139: these two were wearing Shure SLX transmitters. One had a Shure W93 pickup, the other had a pickup of my own making with a Panasonic capsule. Both were attached to the talent using headwires. I did mic an ambient track that I plan to mix, it has the applause.
lamacchiacosta: I won’t be able to work on the actual singing…the show is over, so Unless I start playing with pitch in Ardour, that’s not going to change. I did this rather export rather fast and will probably attempt to add some ambience with verb and balance the band a bit. Of course in this case, it is the performers that are featured.