The Argent Grub - Made with Ardour

The Argent Grub has a couple of releases up on Bandcamp, made with Ardour. They are free to use and distribute (both in terms of money and licence).

I Can’t Breathe was made in response to the death of George Floyd, and features the names of 108 black men and women who have died at the hands of police

Listen up soundtracks three of the speeches of Greta Thunberg. It’s is small way of sharing and amplifying Greta’s words.

How Dare You: Greta’s full speech to world leaders at UN Climate Action Summit, September 2019

Let’s March: Greta’s speech at Bristol climate strike, UK, February 2020

Our House Is On Fire: Greta’s speech to the World Economic Forum 2019

Please share freely.

Ardour sits at the heart of a set up that also relies on

Plugins include, Dragonfly Reverbs, TAL Noisemaker, Calf plugins (EQ and Delays)

Thanks to everyone who works on the free/open software that allows me to create this stuff. Great to see so many other people on this forum doing the same.

1 Like

Some really interesting sounds here!
This one especially https://theargentgrub.bandcamp.com/track/lets-march

Thanks @samthursfield

Since this post I’ve found some help on how to credit the plugin makers for plugins used to make those interesting sounds - right here in the forum:

I’m tight for time right now, but over the weekend I’ll add the plugin credits to the tracks on bandcamp.
Got one done so far: https://theargentgrub.bandcamp.com/track/i-cant-breathe

Just released a new track called Walk on Bandcamp.

Made with free and open source tools -with Ardour at the heart of it.
Licensed for re-use. Free to listen/own.

This one is a simple song that combines voice, acoustic guitar, and synth.
It’s a reflection on appreciating what you have while you have it.
It’s also a reminder that the changes that are coming may not lead you to what you really want, and that it’s always later than you think.

Comments/feedback welcome.

Hi,
Great, i like the guitar sound, synth and the mix (vocals). Love the mood of the song, a little bit of Alexi murdoch or Nick drake style… (for the song Walk)
Good job, love it…

Jf

Thank you for the feedback and kind words.

Wasn’t aware of Alexi Murdoch before, so I’m checking him out - he’s good!
Thanks.