Tempo randomly doubled

I recently switched my Roland UA25EX soundcard to 96,000 sample rate and now all my saved projects are playing back and recording an extremely speedy tempos. I hope i didn’t ruin all my unfinished projects by changing the sample rate to 96. What can i do to get my projects back to normal? If i record everything again, then it sounds ok (i tried it for one project that only has bass and percussion), but i really don’t want to have to do that.

You’ve changed JACK’s sample rate but the audio files are still at their original sample rate. To make them play at the correct speed you need to resample them to 96 kHz as well. If you have the Ardour source code, there is a perl script in the tools directory called resample_session.pl that can convert them automatically.

Also, note that resampling existing tracks to a higher rate will not add any improvement in quality; it will simply make them compatible with JACK running at 96 kHz.

Also, note that resampling existing tracks to a higher rate will not add any improvement in quality; it will simply make them compatible with JACK running at 96 kHz.

It will actually degrade quality slightly.

Seablade