Tascam US-2400 support questions

trying to use a Tascam US-2400 (which, for several reasons, i prefer over various newer/fancier controllers) as a control surface with Ardour (6.6.0, linux, amd64).
although i can get it working, the support seems to be somewhat patchy. as i understand, the dedicated support is written for mixbus, anyway, it would be great to be able to use the device to it’s full extent with Ardour - after all, US-2400 support is distributed as a part of official builds.

some particular issues:

• the pan pots seem to be illuminated in reversed logic - what is left on ardour mixer appears to be right on panners’ leds and vice versa

• i can’t find a resonable way of using the joystick (other than connecting it’s dedicatet midi port #4 as a Generic Midi device and hard-mapping it to some plugin)

• i can’t find a resonable way of using the CHAN mode (other than connecting it’s dedicatet midi port #5 as a Generic Midi device and hard-mapping it to some plugin. would be cool to use it for dynamic aux and plugin control, as indicated by the controller design. wih mixbus, it apparently works that way)

• in sessions with Monitor section present, the Master fader of US-2400 does’t control the master buss, but the monitor level (which can be handy sometimes, but would prefer to be able to choose - most often of course i want to use the master fader to control master!)

• i can’t make the (otherwise functional) transport wheel’s Scrub mode work the way i expect it to - i. e. for vari-speed auditioning

• every time i start the us-2400 protocol in preferences > control surfaces, log says:
    [ERROR]: No MCP device info files found using /home/tomas/.config/ardour6/us2400:/opt/Ardour-6.6.0/share/us2400
    does this explain some of the aforementioned problems? can i do something with it?

it is possible that i’m missing something very obvious in settings or so. if this is the case, please give me some light then! i’m also available for testing etc. in case it’s helpful somehow.

thanks!
tomas

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.