Surface

Is it possible to give it (to Ardour) more “SSL Duality-like” surface?
Mix window of Ardour with a “control center, routing and so on”;
It would be nice.
Also channel strip.
I see isolate (solo) in 3.0 is in, is this a “sign” of ssl-izing the GUI?

Annyway THX a lott.

@nedzad: Interesting you should mention that - I’m a former SSL engineer, and I know of at least one other person involved in the project who has a lot of experience of their products. I can’t speak for the Ardour devs, but I think rather than a deliberate “ssl-izing” of the GUI, its more likely just influenced by functionality that works well on pro-audio consoles generally

Hi, you mean you 're former SSL engineer?

Im not, im former “just Pro Tools” user :slight_smile:

I cannot develop anny software ( just a bit shellscripts)
ARDOUR is a hope!

SSL interface is wonderfull, and grouping in ardor 3 remindes me at control
section " Choose FROM- TO philosophy".

In Ardour i just “stretch that RUBBER” over channels and set it active.

Can u programm your plugins to load over network?
Like a linux dsp “host rack” ;and set to be a siderack of my ardour testing system?
I would then connect it over tcp (ethernet) and use that DSP’s ?
Is this possible?

Happy new Year
\0/

@nedzad

linuxdsp standalone jack software can already be loaded over the network via netjack actually. Anything more intense than that should actually be better integrated at the daw level in my opinion and I have discussed with Paul about this as well, it is just low on the priority list at the moment, but would allow for things like loading network plugins with the session and the UI possibly being drawn on the computer wih the Ardour sesion open, but limitations apply to the latter option there.

Seablade

@nedzad: You can use the linuxDSP plugins (as standalone versions) remotely via (net)JACK, as seablade says.
It is also possible (thanks to the magic of X11) to control ardour remotely over the network, from another PC.

Hi, you mean you 're former SSL engineer?

Yes - I was an SSL design engineer for many years, so I’m familiar with the technical aspects of the electronic design and also from a ‘user’ perspective.

As soon as i have more time, i´ll try to connect two linux audio boxes (over-with netjack)
I still have no anny expirience with net jack; just at ssh -x user@box. :slight_smile:

So it would be possible to make a “UAD-like” DSP hardware boxes with audio plugins?

Thank You all for answering my questions.

\0/